Friday, 29 July 2011

Flashback Friday - Beach holiday!

It's Friday, and that means it's time for Flashbacks!

We're going back to the 80's again, to a summer holiday in Minorca which I seem to recall was mainly spent in the pool or at the beach, 

1985 was the year my Dad brought the best inflatable I have ever seen, (which is quite impressive as every shop I go in at the moment has a huge array of different things!) 

How's this for a cool beach toy....  THE HAND!

I don't know where he brought it from and have never seen one since, it certainly made an impression on the beach!  It was the best thing ever and I remember spending hours on it during that holiday. Unlike all other inflatable things we ever had we used to carefully deflate and take it home to use again next year. 

It easily fit both Dad and myself and had a clear 'viewing window' on one of the fingers!


This was taken in Cala Galdana, a short drive from the resort we stayed. We liked it so much that we actually went back and stayed there when I was 16. The slide was great fun, I remember being nervous at first, hence my Dad waiting to catch me even though I'm wearing armbands and holding my hands out to slow me down but by the end of the day I was loving it.

I don't have a clear memory of the entire holiday but we had several Spainish holidays over the years and I have some great memories from all of them - they just often merge into one though!




6 comments:

  1. Lovely memories! And I am a big fan of The Hand, how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hand inflatable! Love that slide too :)I know what you mean about past holidays rolling into one though ... or is that a sign of getting old? 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have wonderful memories of our holidays in Spain. That hand was always a talking point! admired my many. The photo of us all together, Dad set up the camera and just managed to get into the picture in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was maybe because I was so young on the holidays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! that inflatable is fabulous! 
    lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that inflatable! So Cool! Lovely photo's x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails