This year I found the idea for the cake on my friends blog - Emma's Lunch and thought that it would be easy and effective.
It was only the day before I came to make it however that it occurred to me that it needed to be oval, and I only had a round cake tin. I didn't realize though just how easy that problem is to solve....
Using red fondant icing, I covered the cake and then handed over to Aaron for the bit that needs a steady hand and some patience.
It was a great joint effort, although in hindsight I should have brought the smaller 'decorating gel' rather than the icing which would have been a bit neater but overall I was really pleased with the result, and Leo loved it which is the main thing!